Lions Club of Gawler Incorporated
The town of Gawler is situated just north of Adelaide, and claims to have the Best of Town and Country.
For over 50 years the Lions Club of Gawler has been working to support the local community, and to improve cultural and civic amenities of the town. Apart from the local community the club also supports the national and international community.
Past projects have included:
- The construction of a rotunda in Pioneer Park in the centre of town.
- Restoration of parts of the Gawler Railway Station and beautification of the surrounds, including relocation of a steam locomotive.
- Air-conditioning the Elderly Centre.
- Contributing to the erection of the Sports and Recreation Centre.
- Provision of rest rooms at the Gawler Palliative Care Unit.
- A sound system for performances at a Youth Centre.
- Built a BBQ area in the Lions Park opposite the Caravan Park for our 50 years of service in Gawler
- Asssited with a grant to supply a Diabetic Dog for a young boy.
Some of our current projects are listed on the PROJECTS page.
We are the Lions
We meet the needs of our local communities and the world.
Our 1.3 million men and women in 205 countries and geographic areas conduct vision and health screenings, build parks, support eye hospitals, award scholarships, assist youth, provide help in time of disaster and much more.
Join us in making our communities and the world better places to live.
Becoming a Lion
Lions club members are men and women who strive to make a difference in their local community as well as in communities worldwide. Their volunteer efforts go beyond the support of vision care, to addressing unmet health and education needs worldwide.